Monday, April 9, 2012

Wine country: Mendoza, Argentina

Quinta Rufino hostel, nice place, nice service:


Mendoza is a beautiful city on Argentina, it would be my final Argentinian location before I would cross the border to Chile. Mendoza is wine country, and the wine culture pervades. I got an amazing dinner at a fancy restaurant which included steak, salad, gourmet empanada appetizer, glass of wine, and dessert, all for about $8. Of course, I had to go on a vineyard tour. My tour group was comprised of Argentinians, Colombians, and Peruvians, and me, El Neoyorquino.








Pictures of Mendoza:








Its backwards, it says "Ciudad de Mendoza:"




There is a huge park in the city, at least equal Central Park size, which my guidebook said it was not safe to go to. As I watched the old ladies walking through and children eating ice-cream, I figured I would brave it and took a long hike to an outlook point on a small  mountain which afforded some great views of the city and surroundings. This is the park: 



Views from Cerro de la Gloria:







Next I would cross the Andes, and the Chilean border, to head to Santiago, Chile.

3 comments:

  1. I think I see Walter and Jesse cooking their blue meth in the distance in that second-to-last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks much nicer than some of the areas you hit; almost like Napa.

    ReplyDelete