Sunday, April 29, 2012

San Pedro de Atacama: Day 1





San Pedro de Atacama is a small town, it is an oasis in the middle of a vast desert. The amount it thrives on tourism was apparent the moment I stepped off the bus and the throngs of salesman flocked to me offering places to stay and tours to partake of. It was a little overwhelming and there were so many options which were all essentially the same (and pricey) that it was hard to know how to make an intelligent decision on anything. I chose to do a Moon Valley tour, which left just a few hours after my arrival. It was a great tour, with incredible views of the surrounding salt-laden desert as well as the moonscape of the Moon Valley and surroundings. The next day I visited a local geyser field, and then the following day the wonderful high altitude lakes and salt flats.
Moon Valley tour:





















No comments:

Post a Comment