Thursday, March 8, 2012

Buenos Aires: Puerto Madero

I took the subway over to Puerto Madero for two reasons: 1) It is where I will be taking my boat to Uruguay from, so I wanted to scope it out before my departure and get the lay of the land. 2) I had heard that it is absolutely gorgeous.
It really is a very nice place, situated on the Rio de la Plata. A newer neighborhood, with a mix of high rises and smaller buildings, all of them new and most of them modern. Feels like TriBeCa in NYC. Business people rush past the meandering tourists. 
Everywhere you go in Buenos Aires there are street performers dancing the tango, which is always nice to stop and watch for a bit. Here is a video of some tango in Puerto Madero:


Here are some photos of Puerto Madero:








Puente de la Mujer, photo taken on Dia de la Mujer:




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip so far! I love that you took tango classes. The food all looks amazing and your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete